Thursday, November 6, 2014

Results Are in and I'm Allergic to My House

The Lyme test from Igenex is back and the results are in....only I don't know them yet.  Torture!  I was with a client at work when I received the phone call.  A message was left, I called back all stony-faced and was told I need to schedule an appointment the following day to get the results back.  Utter torture.

So I will be seeing my wonderful ND tomorrow, while I skip out of work for an hour. My heart is pounding just thinking about sitting in the doctors office.  Is it Lyme?  Is it some horrible form of Rheumatoid Arthritis? Is the test not accurate?  Either way the outlook is bleak.  I've had three weeks to run this through my mental engine and I've churned the idea that it might not be Lyme I'm dealing with, but some horrible autoimmune disease.  If it was Lyme, I thought about all I would have to endure over the next who knows how many years.  Crazy, is something that comes to mind too.  I've been told by numerous people during my 34 year span that I am crazy, so I won't leave that out of the equation.

A huge part of me wants this to be Lyme, it would answer so many health questions.  I'm scared that it is Lyme, I'm scared that it's not Lyme.  One thing I know right now is that Rheumatoid Arthritis is my worst nightmare, I've given physical therapy to patients with Rheumatoid and it's not a kind illness.

So we wait, until tomorrow, nervously.

In the meantime...

This means you have contracted Lyme Disease

 If you see this on yourself go to the doctor immediately and get antibiotics to treat Lyme.  If you see this on anybody else tell them to seek medical help, you could save someone years of pain and suffering.


This is what a medium size tick looks like in your skin

A part of myself thinks I remember seeing a weird black dot, just like the photo above, stuck in my stomach before a shower one morning.  If I wasn't dreaming, or bat wing crazy, I remember trying to wipe it off, but it didn't budge, so I scraped it off, threw it the garbage and continued on to my shower.

In any case, if something weird is in your skin, don't pick it off and go about your day as if nothing happened. Save the little object and get it checked out.  If a doctor or nurse practitioner, in my case, tells you Lyme Disease doesn't happen where you live, walk directly out of the office and find someone who is willing to listen to you, and help you.  Naturopathic doctors are usually a little more open minded to Lyme Disease, but not all.   You'll need to search for a Lyme Literate Dr. or Nd.  in your area, they will help you.  Deer ticks that carry Lyme are in every state, know that, and prevent it from happening to you.

I almost forgot to mention, I'm allergic to my house now!  If I'm in it for more than two hours I wheeze, consistently.  What's a girl to do?!


No comments:

Post a Comment