Monday, May 25, 2015

Passionate Project

For those of you who don't know, I am an actress.  I've always been an actress and I always will be an actress. I've found that my acting helps me get through the challenging days of treatment and I realize that what I'm going through now, is going to help me become a better actress.

I've had to cut back on acting, while going through treatment.  It's incredibly hard on my body and the long hours drain me physically and mentally.  This is something that upsets me greatly, right when the water started flowing, the drain got plugged!  So when a friend who worked with me several years back contacted me, in hopes of working together again, I could not refuse!  My energy level has been increasing and my mental fog has lessened some.  I'd like to say I'm over the "bad hump" of treatment, but I'm no longer naive about this illness, and I'm fully aware of the ups and downs.

Stela & Syd are mindful of my condition, and I'd worked with them in the past, so it seemed safe and stress-less.
This project is about Lyme Disease and I could not be more happy to be a part of it! I'm very excited to announce, I'm back at it...kind of.  I'd have to say this is my most passionate project to date.

We put together a last minute, public service announcement, for a global social cause, that we based on Lyme Disease.  This is a global competition, that has the potential to be seen by many!   It is a 60 second spot, and you can believe, it's near impossible to tell my story in 60 seconds. But it worked!  Here is the link below.

https://genero.tv/watch-video/39744



Our past project together!


When you consistently feel like a fish swimming in a fish bowl, watching the world go by from the inside, it's refreshing to have others reach out and show support.  Every time that happens it pulls me a little closer to the surface of the water.

Lyme Disease awareness month is coming to an end and I feel like it has been a success.  I've done my best to spread awareness, and the support from others that I have received feels amazing.  I was lucky to have been able to put two of my passions together and create something worth sharing.

A friend reached out from Nova Lash, wanting to #TakeABiteOutOfLyme



My wonderful co-workers stepped up to the Lyme Disease Challenge.

My sister and her little ones took a bite out of Lyme for me.


Thank You, to those of you who have contacted me or have taken my advice.  I couldn't be more happy for those who I touch with my story.   I've helped more than one person by sharing my adventure and I only hope to help more.  There is talk of an upcoming documentary, to help open peoples eyes to the growing epidemic of Lyme Disease and it's co-infections.

The big question is...What's next for me?  Becky is feeling a bit better and there are offers on the table. 


This song has been on repeat in my ipod.


And this is what I look like when I'm contemplating major life decisions...
Hmm, what to do with my life?
Any advice would be helpful :)


Thanks for reading!










No comments:

Post a Comment